Sunday, January 8, 2023

Far far away



Now, let me tell you that here Is where I mostly love to stand. 

First, in the morning, there is the wine-like sea, green and blue

like eyes staring back at me. 

Then  later, I walk towards the red cliffs 

while memories dance around me and then jump - no use to try and stop them. 

Water moves endlessly azure and vast, tender and cruel 

 and It engulfs everything. 

As if everything remembered never lived.


Evening comes. The sun falls into the sea before me, 

shining and sharp like shattered glass, 

splinters of light fly everywhere, 

scattered across chaos, maybe... my thoughts...



Somewhere on a lonely planet 

there is a well inside a well 

and there lies the echo of my thoughts.

 

Back here, 

now there is also this earth, wet soil,

oregano and mint under the olive trees,

mercy and forgiveness and love --

and bees singing around me 

an ancient song, a whisper 

that speaks about

lost lovers,

and lizards crawling under stones, and wild pink oleanders.

Light is dancing with dust 

like the first day of Creation.


Then I see birds

I gaze high above into the passing clouds, without knowing why 

How did I get here? Where are we lost?

What did I miss, in this life? 

I ask and ask again but only the wind echoes softly

through the leaves of a lemon tree. 

There lies my answer.


Somewhere deep inside a well within a well

on a lonely dying planet far away, 

a rock drops 

and my dream cracks 

open in two.


No comments:

Post a Comment