Saturday, January 21, 2012

Memory Tree

Morning enters  from every pore of my skin
My heart is warm again
The sun still hesitates to caress my eyes
Out of a dream
hanging from the ceiling
a tree of memories
faces and laughs
smiles and tears
i look at it motionless
fear is not in my heart anymore


This morning
an old voice echoed in my ears
telling me to wake up for school
telling me to wake up for church
a mother's touch and a father's kiss in my forehead
twisting in bed with fever nightmares
the face of a brown-haired girl with shiny freckles
friends and summer days by the sea
a seashell in my palm
trying to hear the mermaid song
The memory tree changes shape
fear is not in my heart anymore
First kiss on my lips, 
lovers long gone and forgotten
crazy craving of the flesh 
nights under the stars singing my love
tears and deceit, pain of a broken dream


One moment enclosed in frozen time
and You, at the top of that magic tree
kind and gentle, 
simple in your soul beauty
you smile at me 
breaking my charcoal darkness into one thousand pieces
i become thin like a spider's web
Morning paints my half asleep heart
in rainbow colors of joy
i finally welcome the sun
i finally welcome you
beside me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment