Monday, November 28, 2011

A poet, my dear...

Volcano Poet, by Dale Witherow (c)


a poet, my dear, 
is not only words nor verses beautifully arranged...
 - i think you have already known -  
nor birds and moons and flowers to behold
a poet is a story never told
a silence in the wind before it changed.


a poet is an eye that never sleeps
one broken antenna searching for the stars
an endless circle of slowly bleeding  lips 
of wounds and broken dreams and deepened scars

a poet is a heart on fire,a heart in rain,
one white feather of a swan swimming in sorrow
Do not waste time, my dear, 
all goes in vain
For you, being a heartless stone,
 - i think you have already known -  
there's no tomorrow... 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Yiota

    I must save a copy of this one...

    just exquisite writing.

    hugs and love Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words, Sharon :) Of course you can have a copy if you like :) hugz x

    ReplyDelete