Sunday, June 14, 2015

Discovery...

photo found at http://goo.gl/w5X4yU 

"...The verse was there inside a book long forgotten - "anthology of poetry" or something. Years were unkind to it.The once bright red colored cover -now a dead blood faded red.As if this paper relic bled to death before it ended inside this dusty graveyard of thoughts...

I opened it with care like touching the fragile bones of a woman who was loved once, as she was laying buried inside an ancient tomb...The edge of yellow rusted page turned to gold dust and was scattered by my breath across the room.
And there on the top of that corroded paper was...one single line , there, written by an unknown hand, in another life.
There, waiting for me to find it almost an eternity later, this line...
I felt them imprinted, almost flowing under my fingers, the words: "From the Thorn to the Rose..."
Suddenly i remembered your smile the last time you held me close...
The longing still so strong...
And then as the words were dancing inside my eyes flashing, I realized all at once that a long way of no return was spiraling inside my head, leading, always, to the pain of your thorn... "

No comments:

Post a Comment