Saturday, March 28, 2015

I Have Long Rested My Eyes Upon You

https://mermaidartist.wordpress.com/ , ©aliconmason, all rights reserved
 
 
"Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers
back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a
lover, everyone becomes a poet."

Plato




"...I have long rested my eyes upon you

in moments when, unnoticed, from far,

a secret wave,

without knowing from where it comes or to where and to what it goes

swiped your face in a tide of light

leaving behind pieces of you, shells and mother-of-pearls, mollusks,

shining on the shore of my wandering mind

like diamonds fallen from unknown long dead stars...


I have long rested my eyes upon you

with doubts and answers silencing the ever talking mind

for a fragmented second

a moment full of a deafening silence

cut in two from a gesture, a frown, a breath...

your eyes are deep and bottomless

your smile, my broken arrow lost into the garden that is you


I cannot deny my heart the right to breathe you in with every breath

like a drowning man trying to postpone the inevitable

instinct ties me with black bonds of longing

makes me go orbiting around you

lost inside a radiating nebula of thoughts

where the mind has little to say

where the heart rules balancing dangerously

between light and blood

affecting the meaning of what i am

because of you


I have long rested my eyes upon you

looking for the signs of return

back to where i came from

and back to where i was before

scared to hear again

your song echoing inside my shell

your song  - after all this eternity...

scared to make you turn your gaze

to face my abyss

that has your name written on its depth


yet,  in front of your gazing eyes

I let you undress the yearning Me

with your heart on fire

as i silently pray

to be consumed in the flames...



Then comes this wind

And you watch the falling leaves dance outside the window

I flow quietly in every vain of your hand that rests on my knee

counting the precious moments by your side

heartbeat

after heartbeat

after heartbeat..."

2 comments:

  1. Son intense in its language and emotion ... Thank you for sharing the painting as well : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete