Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The exquisite art of Bando Tamasaburo - "Kurokami" - "Black Hair"




Thoughts in confusion
disheveled as the tangles of my black tresses 
unloosened then, 
as we shared a single pillow,
yet how it returns to haunt me now
as i sleep alone...
With my single robe
To cover me.
'You are mine,' he said,

Not knowing the heart
Of a simple girl.
The voice of a temple bell,
Sounds into the quiet night.

Awakening from an empty dream
In the morning,
How lovely, sweet,
And helpless is my longing.
Before I know it
The silver snow has piled up.

Kurokami no
musuboretaru
omoi wo ba
tokete neta yo no
makura koso
hitori nuru yo no
ada-makura
sode wa katashiku
tsuma ja to iute

(ainote)

guchi na onago no
kokoro to shirade
shin to fuketaru
kane no koe

Yuube no yume no
kesa samete
yukashi natsukashi
yarusenaya
tsumoru to shirade
tsumoru shirayuki

No comments:

Post a Comment