Saturday, October 16, 2010

My heart sings...

I was wandering outside, in this big cold world... Nothing seemed to mattered, days were empty, gray. I was lost inside my thoughts. Seasons changed on and on, an endless circle. I was out of it. Just someone who always gave the impression that everything was going alright...when everything was wrong... I smiled like a clown.  And the mist in my heart kept moving... and the clouds that were hanging from the sky took their slow pace across my soul... I was a walking cloud. No more than a shadow. Friends thought it was me. They were fooled by my usual appearance. A mask. A frozen smile. Just to hide the pain, to make my life bearable. It was my safety net. I was always afraid to jump from bridges. Most people do...
And then you came. Out of any possible place, when you were least expected... Nothing predicted your coming... Just a soft breeze in the evening, a ray of sunlight upon my lips one Sunday morning, a simple whisper of the wind upon my hair... You were coming, and I didnt know it... And for the first time after aeons of silence, my  heart started singing. Softly at first, gently, like the quiet stream of water running, full of melting snow in spring...  I said to my self that it was just an echo, how could it be? I thought I had closed the windows of my soul.. But...slowly the echo started to grow stronger... closer... closer to my heart... the murmuring become louder, I started distinguishing the sound... it was a soft "I love you, open your heart..." and it went stronger, until one day, this song became the Sound of my heart... when I nested inside your hands forever... It hasn't stopped ever since.... And I came back into being, back into my life. You gave me back colors, warmth and light. And I sing to your song every morning, and I go to sleep with your song every night... Because my heart keeps singing even in my dreams... And I smile, still can't believe it.... My heart sings.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment